Oct 4/20 COVID-19 Update
Changes are coming at us often and our goal is to keep you as informed as possible. We understand that the guidelines are a big change from previous seasons but we ask that you try your best to follow them. They are a combination of Hockey Canada, Hockey Alberta, Alberta Health and local facility rules and our number one priority is for a safe return to hockey.
Hockey Alberta Guidelines:
Please take the time to read through Hockey Alberta Return to Play. This will provide the most up to date information, including what steps are taken if there is a positive covid case within your team cohort.
Health Screening and Contact Tracing:
- Complete the COVID-19 Checklist for anyone who plans on entering the arena, if you answer yes to any of the questions do not come to the arena and follow up with AHS.
- Players/Team Officials must update the TeamSnap app with their availability and complete the Health Check, by completing this you are agreeing that you have reviewed the AHS COVID-19 Checklist - THIS WILL BE USED TO CONTACT TRACE AND IS MANDATORY.
- Players will be allowed in the arena 15 mins before and after their ice time.
- Players must arrive dressed with the exception of helmet, skates and gloves.
- Goalies should try to come as ready as possible but can dress at the arena.
- If your player is unable to tie their skates we recommend purchasing high quality skate guards as there will not be enough time for coaches to help all the kids.
- Clearly label water bottles and prefill at home - no sharing will be allowed.
- Parents will be allowed in the arena when the ice time starts and must leave immediately after the ice time ends.
- They must enter the lobby through the front door, sign in, and proceed directly to the stands. There is no parent access to the dressing rooms, no congregating in the lobby and must maintain a 6 foot separation with non household members
- We ask that when possible spectators are kept to one parent for practices and immediate family for games.
- Players, team officials and spectators are required to wear masks. Players/coaches are to leave masks on until they put their helmets on and are heading to the ice surface.
- Everyone must sanitize their hands when arriving and leaving facilities.